Search engines constantly “crawl” to gather content from websites. The most popular search engines are Google, Bing and Yahoo, with Google overwhelmingly being the biggest one. “Just Google it” is a common saying in conversations worldwide.
People type words and phrases into the “search box” that best describe what they are looking for. Google makes search queries with theses keywords and phrases.
If your website cannot be found by Google or other search engines, you will miss out on the amazing opportunities and primary reason for having a website – people who want what you have to offer and the ability to find you!
Since Google is “King of the Web,” Digital Web Impressions uses Google Guidelines to optimize your website:
- Make the content in your pages primarily for users. If your website has content that is not relevant, it will be considered deceiving to your users and the search engines may blackball it as cloaking.
- Make the content of your site with a clear hierarchy of headings, subheadings, and content and use text for links. Every page should be clickable from at least one static text link.
- Make your content useful, rich with key words, phrases and information that clearly and accurately describe your organization. Your web designer and/or content writer should make sure that your title elements and ALT attributes are descriptive and accurate.
- Limit the links on each page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100).
- Register a new website using keywords and phrases to Google, taking full advantage of all of Google Business Solutions and Apps.
Digital Web Impressions includes all of these SEO requirements and more in our pricing. Google loves WordPress, and since WordPress is our primary platform, your website investment will serve you well.